Messages sent from older versions of Microsoft email apps, like Outlook or Microsoft Exchange, might include an attachment with winmail.dat in the name. The file doesn't appear in the sending app, but it does appear in Mail. In other email apps, it might appear as a MIME section named application/ms-tnef. This happens when the sending app uses Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF).
Another approach is to download a program that can translate the winmail.dat file. Several developers have created helpful programs that can open the files.
The winmail.dat file might not contain any useful information or it might contain a document or other file.
To open a winmail.dat file on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, follow these steps:
- Open the message in Mail.
- Touch and hold the winmail.dat attachment. Or on a Mac, choose File > Save Attachments to save the winmail.dat file.
- Open the file with a third-party winmail.dat viewer. You can find these types of viewers on the App Store.
Winmail.dat files are in fact TNEF format (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format) sent from the senders who are using Microsoft Windows Outlook (1997, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010) or Microsoft Exchange. Winmail.dat contains all attachments and rich text message, and not all e-mail clients can recognize its format. It is the solution. Winmail Viewer Pro Edition is just the tool for the job. This app allows users to open .dat folders and to view, extract, share and save all contents. With Winmail Viewer Pro Edition’s user-friendly interface, anyone can overcome this frustrating technical issue in a matter of clicks. In addition, it also supports batch extraction of winmail.dat files directly into Download folder.
Winmail.dat Viewer Pro Edition for Expert is your last winmail.dat application you would ever need.
Opens .dat folders
• Opens TNEF 'winmail.dat' files and list all attachments (RTF, TXT, HTML,PDF,etc) contained in it including email message.
• Double-click the attached files to open them, or drag and drop them on the desktop.
• Winmail Extractor to batch extract all attached files from 'winmail.dat' files directly into your downloads folder.
• Simple and fast, decode and view winmail.dat file instantly without waiting.
View, Extract, Store, and Share
• Save one or all extracted attachments wherever you want.
• Simply Drag and Drop out from file list to save at target location.
• Quick Look or Open to view attached files into respective default applications.
• You can just select and copy-paste attachments to Finder.
• You can resend entire decoded email as it is with message and extracted attachments.
Easy to Use
• It only takes a few seconds to access your files
More file format support such as MSG, PST, XPS will be integrated in future versions.
Constant improvement of Winmail.dat Viewer Pro Edition is our promise to you. You will be continuously impressed by each free update equipped with new feature
If you want to thank our tireless team, please write a review or recommend Winmail.dat Viewer Pro Edition to your friends!
We're always here for you at [email protected]
Winmail.dat Viewer Pro Edition gets a fantastic update with enhanced TNEF engine and performance improvements.
・ Support for Dark Mode gives Winmail.dat Viewer Pro Edition a dramatic dark look. Toolbars and menus recede into the background so you can focus on your content. Requires macOS Mojave.
・ File list supports right-click menu: Copy, Share, Save to, Preview, etc.
・ Support files automatically jump to open the corresponding folder when Save As is completed
・ macOS Mojave compatibility.
・ Stronger. More stable. Better. Faster. More reliable.
If you want to thank our never-resting developers, please write a review or recommend Winmail.dat Viewer Pro Edition to your friends and teammates.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
App works well and is easy to use
Thank you very much for your support. All in One PDF Office, Enjoy Efficiency on All Platforms, https://www.pdfreaderpro.com/product . If you need any help, please contact [email protected] , Thanks again.
Cool, except…doesn’t seem to do apple calendar attachments
Functionally great, and pulled the text out of a winmail attachment just fine. However, the one thing I really needed it to do was also extract a meeting invite and let me accept it in Apple Calendar. It doesn’t seem to do that???
Hi, What is your device type and Mac OS version? Please send us your documents and we will ask the engineers to test them. If you need any help, please contact [email protected] Thanks again.
While this app does what it promises and opens the files, the previous version kept the file converted imbedded in the email making for easy access. Currently you have to save the document to your downloads to retrieve to subsequently view.
Otherwise a very good app.
Thank you very much for your support. http://www.pdfreaderpro.com/product . If you need any help, please contact [email protected] , Thanks again.
Winmail Converter For Mac
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Winmail Viewer For Windows 10
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.