This project is for building, tweaking, and using jdk7 on OS X.
It should be a considered a continuation of the work done by Landon Fuller,namely, SoyLatte.
Java Development Kit builds, from Oracle Ready for use: JDK 11 Early access: JDK 13, JDK 12, JDK 8 Updates, Jpackage, OpenJFX, Panama, Valhalla, & JMC. To get JDK 7 up,I downloaded the JDK from Oracle. They have a nice dmg file, which makes it easy to install. After reading their installation. Installing JDK 7 on Mac OS X - DZone Java.
The SoyMacchiato binaries can also be downloaded from the following sources:
- 64-bit JDK for Mac OS X 10.5 (Latest Build): Latest Build
- 64-bit JDK for Mac OS X 10.5: soymacchiato-amd64-1.0.0
- 64-bit MLVM(DaVinci,) JDK for Mac OS X: soymacchiato-mlvm-amd64-1.0.0
Building depends on the following tools, libraries, and plugins:
- Apple's Mac OX X developer tools
- hg (mercurial)
- The forest extension to hg (for the DaVinci builds, you'll also need the mq module enabled)
Standard 64-bit JDK (10.5 and below)
Optionally, you can build an i586 version using:
Standard 64-bit JDK (10.6 and Up)
TODO - There is an osx-port of the JDK, which builds a standard Java Framework drop/bundle, OSX Style.
DaVinci Machine enhanced 64-bit JDK
Installation and Usage
- Untar your desired build, ex:
tar xvjf soymacchiato-amd64-1.0.0.tar.bz2
- Place the directory somewhere on your file system, ex:
mv soymacchiato-amd64-1.0.0 /usr/local/soymacchiato17-amd64
- Optionally, symlink this dir, ex:
ln -s /usr/local/soymacciato17-amd64 /usr/local/soymacchiato
Netbeans Jdk 1 7 Download
- Update your
JAVA_HOMEenvironment variable in your shell config, then
- Update your java related links, ex:
sudo rm /usr/bin/java; sudo ln /usr/local/soymacchiato/bin/java /usr/bin/java
- Optionally, you can just put your new java7 directory on your path, ex:
To contribute builds, patches, or resources please file an issue, or fork and send a pull request.